Sunday, September 06, 2009

TRUE CONTENTMENT

I read an article in Sunday Express and thought of posting some parts of it on here too...Some of you may find it helpful:-)

“One of the most astonishing discoveries I have made is that I don’t have to be happy to be peaceful. True peace means surrendering to the sad and happy parts of my day, knowing that emotions pass through me like waves. When working on changing your thoughts you may feel up and down. If so, have as your mantra: ‘This too shall pass’. Accept that you will feel sad, mad or glad in any given moment. Don’t put a magnifying glass over your emotion. You can simply observe the feeling, identify what it is and then let it float away like a bubble.
In order to keep yourself on the road to contentment, try not to fall into any of the destructive old thinking patterns.
Don’t strive to be perfect.
Don’t compare yourself to others: it will either make you smug or miserable.
Don’t make happiness conditional, telling yourself: ‘I’ll be happy when I’m thinner/richer/more successful’.
Don’t pretend you’re someone you’re not.
Don’t spend all your time and energy trying to make someone else happy" - Suzy Greaves

No comments: