Thursday, October 26, 2006

tapping on

Considering that we are all busy people and most of the times no one will ever take time to sit and write or just do something other than being tired and busy then I have to share few of my thoughts so good luck hahahaha.

I'm a little bit frustrated tonight and it all has to do with the same old thing finding people who are into music as much as I am. Now since I've been in Canada I met a lot of people, few of them became my best friends, but I always had a trouble of having a circle of people who would just go out and have a great time while watching some wicked band on the stage with no other interest but music and having a good time.

Then as you know even your good friends go their own ways and most of the times it's not even close to where I want to go lol. I'm hungry for "music adventures"....

Ok, I was a little bit unfair. The only person that I know who is pretty much always available when I call to go and catch a show is my Powderfinger friend Kerry (also responsible for all those Powderfinger rare tracks that I have). However, he's now traveling between London and Paris but once he's back we'll be on our way to hit those venues again...

These days all those new albums that are rated high by other people I end up not liking at all. So far I am not looking forward to any new stuff. I am however curious about Burning Brides in February but other than that nothing else. What annoys me a little bit is when people give a good grade to some new album that has the same sound as the previous (old) one. I don't believe in thing that one has to stay true to their sound all the time if that sound is pretty much the same and only difference being lyrics or adding few new instruments or more drum beats and make it so called a new thing.

That was always a bullshit to me. What I want to hear/see is someone who can make each album different (in true sense) from one another and make you wonder what else will come up, at the same time being recognizable. That is probably the reason why I love Powderfinger so much. They managed to make such different albums that sometimes you can't even believe it's the same band. And that is something that in my eyes makes you great.

In short everyone can play an instrument and write some song but only true talent will stay on top the rest will come and go.

Oh gosh aren't I wise LOL......

Dee

1 comment:

Dee said...

Awwww you are so cute when you talk about Schneider and your cat....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Cmoka!!!!Please continue talking about either of them...hehehehe