Wednesday, August 05, 2009

...I want to live as intensely as I can


"I don't exactly know how to explain it, but I have a hunch there are some things in life we just can't avoid. They'll happen to us, probably because we're built that way - we simply attract our own fate ... make our own destiny.

I think I'm like the Aztecs in that respect, too. With their sense of doom, they tried to get the most out of life while life was good; and I go along with them on that philosophy. I don't mean the 'eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die' idea, but something a lot deeper and more valuable. I want to live as intensely as I can. Be as useful and helpful to others as possible, for one thing. But live for myself as well. I want to feel things and experiences right down to their roots ... enjoy the good in life while it is good." - James Dean

2 comments:

Anya said...

Thats something that is definitely worth thinking about. How to live. The way you think will determine the quality of your life and your thoughts are commendable.

Dee said...

...I agree with you on that one:)