Saturday, September 23, 2006

music survey

I came across this little survey....so why not play with it...:-)


List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below)!
1 Powderfinger
2 Bernard Fanning
3 Led Zeppelin
4 Oasis
5 Arctic Monkeys
6 Chevelle
7 Editors
8 Hawksley Workman
9 Richard Ashcroft
10 Dirty Pretty Things-

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?:
I think it was "The Clincher"...which made me go and buy their album which I ended up liking a lot....

-What is your favorite song of 8?:
Oh let me just say that his best album was and will always be "Love/Fighter" and I love almost every song on that album...one of the favourite would be "Smoke baby"...

-What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?
They changed my life. It was one of those moments that come once in a lifetime you hear or see something or someone and your whole life goes upside down...Powderfinger changed so many things and took my heart forever:-) Their music is my medicine and believe me if I feel bad or sad the first thing I do is reach for one of their albums...

-What is your favorite lyric of 5?:
"All you people are vampiresAll your stories are staleThough you pretend to stand by usThough you're certain we'll fail"

-How many times have you seen 4 live?:
None. During the time when they were big my country was still recovering from the war...so I was not able to see any bands that I loved...

-What is your favorite song by 7?:
Ah those Editors. I am telling you they sound 100 times better live than on CD....my fav songs would be "Blood" and "Lights"

-Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?
...I would say some of Jimmy's guitar solos are more likely to make me sad than an actual song...it's so freaking real....

-What is your favorite lyric of 2?
"When the sun is beating down upon my browyou are my shade you cool me downand every time I tried to turn awayyou brought me around in your humble way"

-What is your favorite song by 9?:
I loveeeeeee his song called "The Miracle"...and then of course "Lonely Soul", "Check the Meaning"..etc

-When did you first get into 1?
That would be two years ago. I saw them on TV and for some strange reason I taped their video not even knowing who they were or anything...I just know that I ended up playing that video non stop and went and bought every single CD I was able to find..I fell in love with their music.....and how lucky I was they were touring Canada that same year and I saw them.....the rest is history:-)

-How did you get into 3?:
You don't get into Led Zeppelin they simply steal you away and once their music gets you it's too late :-))

-How many times have you seen 9 live?
Didn't have a chance yet but I know he will come and play here...I can feel it:-)...And once he comes I will be there.

-What is a good memory concerning 2?:
Well see considering that Bernard is from Australia I only had a chance to see him twice, once with Powderfinger and second time was actually this month....Every memory that I have is amazing....Seeing him on the stage is more than I could ask for..He inspires me very much...-

What is your favorite song of 1?:
Wow there's for sure more than one..."Love your Way", "Up and Down and Back Again", "A Song Called Everything"....etc.

-How did you become a fan of 10?
I read a lot about Dirty Prity Things and out of curiosity I went and bought their CD....They're wicked...and...well....so british..;-)

2 comments:

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dee said...

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!! You mean to say that my other blog entries were depressing! HOW DARE YOU!!! (in the true spirit of Rod Stewart LOL)