Saturday, September 23, 2006

music survey

I came across this little survey....so why not play with it...:-)


List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below)!
1 Powderfinger
2 Bernard Fanning
3 Led Zeppelin
4 Oasis
5 Arctic Monkeys
6 Chevelle
7 Editors
8 Hawksley Workman
9 Richard Ashcroft
10 Dirty Pretty Things-

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?:
I think it was "The Clincher"...which made me go and buy their album which I ended up liking a lot....

-What is your favorite song of 8?:
Oh let me just say that his best album was and will always be "Love/Fighter" and I love almost every song on that album...one of the favourite would be "Smoke baby"...

-What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?
They changed my life. It was one of those moments that come once in a lifetime you hear or see something or someone and your whole life goes upside down...Powderfinger changed so many things and took my heart forever:-) Their music is my medicine and believe me if I feel bad or sad the first thing I do is reach for one of their albums...

-What is your favorite lyric of 5?:
"All you people are vampiresAll your stories are staleThough you pretend to stand by usThough you're certain we'll fail"

-How many times have you seen 4 live?:
None. During the time when they were big my country was still recovering from the war...so I was not able to see any bands that I loved...

-What is your favorite song by 7?:
Ah those Editors. I am telling you they sound 100 times better live than on CD....my fav songs would be "Blood" and "Lights"

-Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?
...I would say some of Jimmy's guitar solos are more likely to make me sad than an actual song...it's so freaking real....

-What is your favorite lyric of 2?
"When the sun is beating down upon my browyou are my shade you cool me downand every time I tried to turn awayyou brought me around in your humble way"

-What is your favorite song by 9?:
I loveeeeeee his song called "The Miracle"...and then of course "Lonely Soul", "Check the Meaning"..etc

-When did you first get into 1?
That would be two years ago. I saw them on TV and for some strange reason I taped their video not even knowing who they were or anything...I just know that I ended up playing that video non stop and went and bought every single CD I was able to find..I fell in love with their music.....and how lucky I was they were touring Canada that same year and I saw them.....the rest is history:-)

-How did you get into 3?:
You don't get into Led Zeppelin they simply steal you away and once their music gets you it's too late :-))

-How many times have you seen 9 live?
Didn't have a chance yet but I know he will come and play here...I can feel it:-)...And once he comes I will be there.

-What is a good memory concerning 2?:
Well see considering that Bernard is from Australia I only had a chance to see him twice, once with Powderfinger and second time was actually this month....Every memory that I have is amazing....Seeing him on the stage is more than I could ask for..He inspires me very much...-

What is your favorite song of 1?:
Wow there's for sure more than one..."Love your Way", "Up and Down and Back Again", "A Song Called Everything"....etc.

-How did you become a fan of 10?
I read a lot about Dirty Prity Things and out of curiosity I went and bought their CD....They're wicked...and...well....so british..;-)

4 comments:

Miki said...

Great survey! Finally something different.
You, PF and BF heheeh history in making!
:)

D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D said...

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!! You mean to say that my other blog entries were depressing! HOW DARE YOU!!! (in the true spirit of Rod Stewart LOL)

Miki said...

HOW DARE YOU!? I mean i almost comitted suicide after reading some of your surveys...it was THAT depressing....when i finally give you a nice comment you turn around and scream at me! AT ME! HA! I think i'll go kill myself now...lol